ON SUNDAY, MARCH 22 from 1PM – 3PM
Join your neighbors in a community
TOWN HALL MEETING
Senior Center, Shannon Park
1918 Route 284, Slate Hill, NY
to discuss the
CPV POWER PLANT
(COMPETITIVE POWER VENTURES)
a 650 MW gas plant about to be built in WAWAYANDA
between Routes 17M, 6 and 84
EMISSIONS WOULD AFFECT ALL LIVING WITHIN A 50-MILE RADIUS:
Wawayanda, Middletown, Minisink, Otisville, Mt. Hope, Florida, Goshen, Warwick, Chester, Monroe, Harriman, and beyond
- Air Quality: 2.1 Million tons of CO2e and over 400 tons of toxic chemicals
- Possible soil contamination: Ground level ozone, radioactivity, and lead
- Impacts upon our precious black dirt farms, and food production:
- Endangered species and Wetlands would be destroyed
THIS WOULD AFFECT OUR HEALTH and SAFETY:
- Increased risks of asthma and autism in children, frail and elderly may
face increased risk of cardiovascular and respiratory illnesses
- 15000 gallon ammonia tank and million gallon diesel tank
THIS WOULD AFFECT OUR WALLETS:
- Plummeting property values
- Will add only 23 permanent jobs
- Paid for by taxpayer and ratepayer subsidies - Up to 16 percent rate hike imposed by FERC for the Lower Hudson Valley to pay for this.
- The resulting electricity would be sold in the wholesale market, not directly to local residents, studies have shown there is no supply need in our area.
THIS IS URGENT. The Governor has not yet approved it!
Let’s meet, discuss, and take back the decision-making in our region.
For more information visit: protectorangecounty.org & neighborsunitedforthefacts.org
“Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” -- Margaret Mead
1918 Route 284
Slate Hill, NY 10973
Google map and directions